Italy is surrounded by the Mediterranean, Tyrrhenian, Ionian, Adriatic and Ligurian seas. The most pleasant way to explore the exhilarating water bodies of Italy, with nothing but the winds in the sails of a boat.
Ideal sailing destinations in Italy are:
- The island of Ponza in Latina
- The Aeolian islands in Sicily
- Tuscany’s Elba Island
- The Island of Capri
- The Archipelago Della Maddalena between Corsica and Sardinia
The best possible way of spending your vacation is by touring the islands in a boat especially, during the pleasant months of summer. You can refresh and revitalized your spirit by heading out to sea. You can easily and affordably hire a boat from Italy boat rental services and set for sailing.
Whether you are taking a long trip or a short one, there are few things you must check off your list first before commencing a boating trip.
- Make sure the registration of your boat is current before you set out on the water. Keep in mind that boating rules in Italy can be complicated to understand. Check your state laws before you head out on your boat. It is better if you take help from the government authorities.
- It is our skin that gets heavily exposed to the scorching sun on a sailing trip. So be sure to pack sunscreen and some sun-protective clothing as well.
- Have plenty of liquid arrangements on the boat. It’s a good idea to keep the water in several convenient spots on board, so everyone grabs. Be responsible with the alcoholic beverages.
- Boating is an exciting experience but to be on the safe side it is better carry a basic first-aid kit packed with basics such as antibiotic cream, bandages, over-the-counter painkillers, bug repellent and portable cold and warm compresses mean you’re ready in case of emergency.
Boating can be fun and full of excitement and you could make it even more memorable by complying with all the safety measures. A little preparation goes a long way, so think it through and make a list.