Refreshing breeze and wonderfully indented coastline of Croatia attract thousands of boating lovers every year in this country. The pristine beaches along with their crystal clear water provide ideal sailing conditions. But before hitting the water it is good to know the laws and regulations on sailing in Croatia.
Sailing Regulations to Maintain in Croatia
- According to the Croatian sailing regulations, there has to be at least one certified skipper over 18 years old on the boat. The person must possess valid VHF and nautical licences. The skipper should be capable of dealing with various adverse situation such as handling a boat in close quarters, response properly during an emergency, able to use advanced navigation instruments and techniques.
- If you want to rent a boat in Croatia and sail it on your own without taking assistance from a skipper, you need to produce a valid sailing license to the Croatian authority along with the documents of sailing experience. If you have a license issued in a foreign country it is suggested to verify it’s validity for Croatian territorial waters.
- If you are entering to Croatia with your own vessel or yacht, you must register it at the very first port that is located on your entry point. You must register its arrival with the authorized port authority or harbour office by filling in the form “Registration of arrival and stay of foreign yachts or boats in the territorial sea and internal waters of the Republic of Croatia”.
- If you are willing to stay on board of the yacht in Croatia, you need to register your yacht, at the harbormaster’s office and police station. Any fun related activity such as on board party, invitational events or other entertaining activities required to have additional permission.
In Croatia, the option of boating fleets are limitless and you could rent a boat at best price from the boat rental companies. You could go for:
- Sailing Boats
- Motor Boats
- Luxury Yachts
- Mini Cruisers
By maintaining all the regulations and laws you can make your sailing in Croatia a memorable event.
Italy is a beautiful land of beaches and islands and Tuscany is one of the major ones. Some of the beaches in Tuscany have received a “Blue Flag” recognition. Tuscany is in central Italy was already famous for its beaches has now received recognition for the beauty of the same. The Blue Flag is coveted to the beaches with high environmental standards and the beaches in Tuscany have received it which has obviously contributed to their popularity. Italy boat rentals actually take you to those beaches which can be explored by their vessel.
Some of the Blue Flag Beaches are:
Versilia- It is a posh area which is extremely famous for nightlife. The summer months are the best for visiting this place. The beach here is wide and long where people flock for sunbathing. The beach features shacks, showers, changing rooms and also snack bars due to which it is famous. The spiaggia libera is a portion of the beach where you can arrive with you own possessions and sit for long. Livorno and Grosseto are some more beach destinations which are close by.
Pisa- Rent a boat at best price from the boat rental agencies and arrive at the Pisa beach with your boat. Anchor the boat there and discover the narrow and short beaches there punctuated with actual woods in between. This is considered to be a family beach and is encapsulated by large rock walls.
Livorno- This is the most famous area which features beaches like Antignano and Rosignano. Visiting these beaches will no let you spend a single bad day. Be sure to get water shoes, sun, own towel to go snorkeling which is a famous beach activity there. Riortoto is another beach which is quite famous for various kinds of activities and also for pebbles.
Grosetto- Fondly known as Maremma, this is one of the most popular ones in Tuscany. During the month of August, many families appear at the beaches putting up at the apartments. Both reef and sandy beaches are present where you can visit with your family and friends. These beaches are free which offer lots of activities with extensive woodland behind the beach.
These beaches are beautiful and awesome. You can visit it with your family or friends and enjoy the atmosphere of the Blue Flag beaches of Tuscany. In fact, there are quite a few extremely popular beaches in the Tuscany islands. Most of them are popular and offer loads of beach activities that people indulge in. So, whenever you plan to go on a vacation during summer months, do visit Tuscany for the wide variety of beaches.
The lovely Amalfi Coast expands from the Gulf of Naples to the Gulf of Salerno overlooking the rolling blue waters. The bays, coves, mountainside and lot of other things remain yet to be discovered by the enthusiastic sailor. The Amalfi coast has been mentioned in several literary pieces and constitutes a number of villages encapsulated by churches, fortresses and overhanging cliffs and rocky peaks. Rent a boat in Italy and visit the Amalfi Coast to experience the magic of secluded coves and beaches. The islands of Capri, Ponza, Ventotene, Procida and Ischia are easily accessible from this coast. With this itinerary, this holiday is going to be the best in your life.
The Amalfi Coast stretches across the vast expanses of Mediterranean scrub, among lemon and orange groves along with steep alleys of Sorrento’s old harbor. It offers a breathtaking view from above and is connected to various locations whose shades evoke the deepest of ocean blues and the warmest of sun rays of it’s awe-inspiring beaches. Positano beaches are pebbled as the land has been reclaimed from rocky cliffs. Praia and Nerano can be reached through the steep stairways. Classical views border the coastal scenery.
Tourists on Luxury Boats
For those enthusiastic tourists who have rented a boat at best price to spend time on board, Amalfi is the best option to enjoy the leisurely hours of afternoon and night. This is comparatively vacant, but there are places bustling with more energy like Vietri sul Mare. The private yacht you have hired can bring you to the hidden gems in the form of coves, and bays on the beaches. When you are discovering these coves, you will definitely arrive at the beaches of Crespella and Baia along with Albori’s Marina. If you wish to discover more, there are endless beaches off this coast. The elegant and pristine Arienza, Marina Grande and Laurito will invite you with open arms.
From there you can arrive at the Gallos archipelago which is popularly known as Sirenusas. This site has rich and glorious history even if that is in small dimensions. Now, that you are sailing through the coast of Amalfi, none has said that you cannot explore the town after hopping out of the boat. So, if you want to explore more, just visit the towns nesting the rocks.
Some of the bigger beaches like the Castiglione de Ravello and Marina Grande are well-equipped with many facilities whereas the smaller ones like Atrani offer their pristine beauty to the travelers. The crystal clear waters of Maiori and Minori are the most enjoyable with family and are some of the oldest beaches of the coast. Minori is a famous spot for sunbathing due to the long and sublime stretches of land. If you are traveling with your child, then Minori is the best choice because it is easy to take a stroll on this beach as well. Cetara and Nerano are more spots that welcome tourists by offering them a relaxing ambiance. People keep sunbathing on this beach till late afternoon.
Enjoy sunbathing on the golden beaches of Amalfi Coast.
Spain is primarily a summertime destination, but that does not mean, we cannot explore it during the winters. In fact, it offers lot of fun events and festivals during winter months. Rent a boat in Spain and roam around the Spanish waters to be a part of those festivals or events. Span is a nation of parades and they keep celebrating the spirit of life in various ways making it one of the hottest destinations all the year round.
Some of the most popular Spanish festivals include:
- 3 Kings Day– This is one of the most popular Spanish festivals and celebrated across all the important Spanish destinations. It is steeped in tradition and presents a glimpse of what Spain is made of. Hop out of the boat and be a part of this festival which constitutes elaborate procession on the road and people making merry. This is also termed as the gift-giving festival of Spain.
- The Arizkun Festival– This festival takes place in the month of November and is also known as ‘Jumping the Bonfire’. This is a unique festival in which thousands of people gather on the streets to jump on 20+ bonfires. This festival is associated with warding off evil spirits and encourages fertility. In fact, the most interesting part about this festival is that people dress in different types of costumes to take part in this.
- Sitges Carnival, Catalonia– This is a gay event and is quite famous all round the world. Spain is one of the pioneers in gender equality and it celebrates the movement in a flamboyant manner. The event consists of wild party, drag queen show and many other things which make it colourful to watch. Even if you do not wish to be a part of this event, you can still be a witness to their awesome party.
- Las Fallas Festival– This is a festival in Valencia with huge high-tech sculptures. Sometimes these sculptures represent famous personalities which are then burned in huge bonfires. These bonfires conjure a striking sight which is unique to them.
Enjoy, witness and also participate in these Spanish festivals to live life king size. Rent a boat at best price to roam around the place and hop out of the boat to know more about the festivals and celebrate them with fervour along with the natives.